Procedure to take divorce in case of love affair with someone else

A Hindu friend of mine was in a relationship but because of family respect, she got married to different person (Hindu). She has informed the person 3 months before the marriage that she do not want to marry but that person did not change his mind even though always had doubts on her. Post marriage almost staying with him for 2 months where she has also been in contact with the person with whom she was in relationship, she again told husband that she cannot live in this marriage and requested for Divorce but he is not agreeing. He has even hit her few times but as Girl does not have any proofs, how can she claim for divorce? additionally Husband is threatening her that he will file a complaint against her of Fraud as she was in relation with another person.

Answers (3)

150 votes

Dear sir/Madam,
Your friend can not file a case for divorce stating that she is having affair with another guy, but you can file case for divorce on the ground cruelty and lack of understanding between couple for more discussion plz contact me and I will guide you properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

sir/madam,according to our family law as well as indian context when you are in a wedlock you can not hold other relationship with any other person except her husband that relation automatically it is treated as illicit relation and liable to punishable one, at the same time your friend is not interested with marriage life with the present husband she can ask for divorce under his cruel and rude behavior,and her difficulty of mental adjustment with him etc that is no bar, at the same time she cannot hold relations with another person without divorce in the existing marriage.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
154 votes

You can file petition for divorce since harassment mental torture is also a cause and reason for divorce so file petitiin and get divorce as husband and wife how many days can u stay one day or other u have to take decision take at earliest

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles