Procedure to get exparte divorce from the court

I want to get exparte divorce I live overseas. I don’t know where my wife lives now. My parents have expelled me from their property and everything. Can I get the divorce quickly? Thanks

Answers (3)

190 votes

Yes you can on ground of cruelty, desertion and withdrawal from society. No need for your wife to come . You can also file for share in property if you want as you have a right. Kindly get in touch with a good lawyer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

185 votes

You will have to come to india and file a divorce petition due to dessertion. Divorce proceedings do tend take a little time. Your matter seems to have a few issues which can be sorted out only after discussion. No one can commit on a time frame of the resolution of the dispute.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
57 votes

See, Exparte divorce can be granted only when the other party is deliberately avoiding the service of court notice. If the court satisfied that she does not want to litigate then only the court can pass an order otherwise not.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles