Procedure to file for mutual divorce in christian community.

I just need to know about divorce..and what are procedure of divorce..duration needed to complete..and fee details..I also want to know the mutual divorce can file with out knowledge of wife.what are the details to be submit d I belong to Christian community

Answers (3)

335 votes

Procedure is that. Both husband and wife together file a petition in the family court it can be in either parties residence or place of marriage etc. You must wait for 6 months after it is filed to get diorce. There will be counselling for both.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

98 votes

For filing jointly petition for divorce .both party should be file affidavits that marriage is irretreviably broken.after filing petition both party have to wait for another six month for next posting.after Cort allow the petition...

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
313 votes

Mutual divorce is the process of both husband and wife give the joint petition for getting divorce. It will take the time of six months. Mutual divorce petition cannot be filed by either the husband or the wife separately.Marriage certificate is needed.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles