Procedure to file for khula under Muslim Law

Just a few months after her fifth delivery and an altercation her father and I had, my wife started acting erratically, left home with kids to her parents, switched off her mobile and her parents don't allow me in their house. She is demanding Khula. Period. Two kids aged 9 and 8 are living with me for the past one year and the remaining 3 with her. She won't allow maintenance money nor my other 3 kids visiting me, spreads propaganda I don't pay maintenance and threaten me with legal consequences. All attempts for reconciliation have failed. Initially, I thought she is under some kind of post natal psychosis but now after 16 months and her pursuing post-graduation I am not sure what it is. I want to save this marriage, what are my legal options under Muslim Personal Law under Hanafi Jurisprudence? She is decidedly intent on Khula, what are my options to bring home my other 3 kids from time to time while paying for their maintenance, if it ends in Khula?

Answers (1)

You can file case against your wife for restitution of conjugal right and file for custody of children. You try to send first legal notice and then you can file case. Khula also until you agree she can't be set free. Call us through website for assistance

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

What do I do if my wife’s family has put a maintenance case against me in the district court wherein I am willing to take a Divorce but not pay …

Read More

Hi I and my wife have been married for 7 years, we have no children. I have been very patient and never had any incidence of violence against her. How…

Read More

My brother want talaq but his wife don't want talaq. So my brother send divorce letter with talaq reason and 2 witness sign by post. And sent mone…

Read More

kuch mahine maine maintenance rok diya tha mere vakil ka kehana hai ki tune curt ke order ka palan nahi kiya esliye dhara 498,46 31 DV act hai wife ke…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue