Procedure to file for divorce as in law's behavior very disrespectful

I would like to take a guidance as the attitude and behaviour of mother-in-law towards me is disrespectful and husband says that he doesn't want any fight or dispute .due to which m stressed and sick..

Answers (4)

122 votes

In your case you can take Mutual Consent Divorce which is a simple way of coming out of the marriage and dissolve it legally. Important requirement is the mutual consent of the husband & wife. There are two aspects on which Husband & Wife have to reach to consensus. One is the alimony or maintenance issues. As per Law there is no minimum or maximum limit of maintenance. It could be any figure or no figure. Next important consideration is the Child Custody. This can also be worked out effectively between the parties. Child Custody in Mutual Consent Divorce can be shared or joint or exclusive depending upon the understanding of the spouses.

When can the divorce by mutual consent be filed?

The parties intending to dissolve marriage are required to wait for at least one year from the date of marriage.

They have to show that they have been living separately for a period of one year or more before the presentation of the petition for divorce and that during this period of separation they have not been able to live together as husband and wife.

Where to file the divorce petition?

In the family court of the city / district where both the partners lived together for the last time, which was their matrimonial home. So in this manner you can take divorce without any fight or dispute.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

102 votes

See if you can not live with your in laws you can talk to your husband and move to separate accommodation. But if the husband behaviour is also unbearable then only you should move to court by filing divorce petition. Revert me. I'll explain you the procedure in detail.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
56 votes

If u wanna spoil it life then don't think about it.
Make gud relationship with ur parents in law.
Kuch pane ke liye kuch secryfies Karna padta hai.
Agar aapko husband se pyar hai to ek alag duniya basao sabhi ko milakar.
Jo SAAS kahe unki sun lo ya bad things ko avoid Kar do.
Coz now u r not a girl, u r women and a wife.
Kuch step liya to aage ki life bahut bahut kharab ho Sakti hai.

301 votes

Firstly you can resolve your dispute peacefully by the involvement of elders in the family through the process of conciliation
Secondly if dispute can not be resolved peacefully you can file one detail complaint to the police authority first by explaining the attrocities of your mother in law and her conduct and behavior .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles