Procedure to file for divorce as husband harassed & verbally abused

 I got married before four months..before marriage I asked my husband I need time to accept you and to involve in family life,he too agreed..but after marriage he behaved too rudely..he torn my clothes and had alcohol and talked rubbish words..and he harrased me when am asleep.and his rubbish words (who you need to sex..and blackmailed shall I force u and left to office with the door open when I feel sick..and asked me to serve drinks alcohol n side dish and rubbish words Like to whom already you sexed ...) a person before marriage given me time but after marriage he behaved like animal.this kind of torture made me to attempt suicide and to left to orphanage...i am with my parents now..i no need Like this man..please Help me to get divorce..the court will support me or not???

Answers (4)

319 votes

yes you can apply for Divorce in court under the ground of cruelty. And also you can file a criminal case against your husband under section 498A of Indian Penal Code and also under Domestic violence Act. if you are not earning, you can also file for maintenance under section 125 of Criminal procedure code.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

50 votes

You can file a petition for divorce on the ground of cruelty. You have suffered a lot and it is not possible for you to live with him. If you have decided to leave him then you can go for divorce. You will have to dicuss this matter in detail. Kindly meet me if you need further advice

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
188 votes

Hello. Good evening. When are you marriage
You got a evidence?
you have married registration? Or not
Love marriage or arranged marriage? Which place are you marriage ?
You give a further details
Contact an Advocate

262 votes

s court is support u... but court thinking this type guys or recoverable so giving a time for live and given a counseling ... but u are strongly Objection means court ready to give a divorce from that guy...

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles