Procedure to file for divorce after five years of marriage

I want separate with my husband. In my five years married life my husband never understand my feelings....He always try to ignore me......And after some times say sorry........And many things can happened......Now I m not control my mind how I can manage.....Plz help me .....

Answers (4)

62 votes

OK i understand your query.If your husband is ready to give you divorce then you can easily approach the Family Court of your local jurisdiction and file a mutual divorce which will ultimately save your time and labor,If your husband is not willing to grant you divorce, then you have no other option but to file a contested divorce,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

96 votes

How many times you have separate from your husband.
If you separate more than two years then you can file divorce in desertion ground.
Or you may file divorce on cruelty ground.
You can contact with me.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
237 votes

My earnest respects and salutations to you,

You can contact a counselling centre with next of your kin or dear ones. Grounds of separation for mutual divorce can be considered for mental harassment and cruelty. A notice to this effect could be drafted, however a counselling sesssion under the family mediation centre under supervision of your High Court is also adviced.

Without going into the further details i cannot convey my further advice.

BEst wishes,

54 votes

You can go for mutual divorce it will be disposed of within 6months from the date of filling or you can go for contested divorce after a separation of 1 year. But contest divorce is time consuming it is better if you go for mutual divorce

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles