Procedure to file for contested divorce and maintenance.

What kind of proof do I need to get to get divorce from my husband n alimony every month

Answers (3)

Hi Madam,
there few grounds for getting divorce primary of which is cruelty, unsoundness of mind and incurable diseases. many of the divorce petitions are on the ground of cruelty . you need to produce as per the grounds urged for example if u say its cruelty you need to state in petition what all acts of him or his family have caused you cruelty and produce any evidence available with you to prove the same.
and for alimoney you can file a different case under sec 125 crpc or u can as well make an interim application for maintainance in divorce case itself all you have to prove fir alimoney is your husbands earnings his wealth and property and how would have you lived with him if you decided to continue to live with him happily.

good luck :)feel free to contact for assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

What kind of proof do I need to get to get divorce from my husband n alimony every month


On what ground you are approaching for divorce is should be informed. In case of cruelty you should mention all the problems that you faced from your husband. Here if it was physical harassment you need get medical records and injury report.

In case of mental harassment you need to express the way of behavior with you. Through circumstantial evidence you can prove the mental harassment.

As part of alimony you can seek the same. The same will be awarded on his income and capacity.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Go for unilateral divorce on grounds of cruelty. ..file crl.misc u/sec 125 of Cr.p.c to get maintainence ...need to prove the petulance of manner and also mental cruelties casted by him primafacie. ..provided your marriage is irretrievably dead

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

my wife claiming for the maintenance in DV and section 125 case. how to protect myself from this. we had a baby(current age 20 m), she left me and my …

Read More

Hi I am a Hindu female from kanpur got married in 2014 April according to Hindu rituals in jabalpur. They guy approached me through my advertisement i…

Read More

my wife had lied about her earning in family court. interim order is passed based on that. how can i now make sure that the maintenance fixed can be r…

Read More

hello,I am the wife and my husband and I lived in hyderabad for 14 days then I had seisure got faint then he left me to my parents told me to get heal…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue