Procedure to file a petition for divorce for the second time

Hi I'm a divorcee now married and facing few personal issues.. can I get divorce second time.. please explain how it works.

Answers (4)

349 votes

You can get divorce 100 times and also marry many times. It is your right after all. However when you seek divorce with your spouse you must have reasons that should be accepted by the court. Since you already obtained divorce once you must be knowing the facts. Good luck!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

264 votes

The second marriage is concern it is a new one according to the law. Therefore You can approach the court for divorce by filing a petition. You have every right to approach court for want of divorce, maintenance etc..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
163 votes

Hi after getting divorce your first marriage only u got second marriage if it is so there no issues for second time filing divorce and it can get from court again there is no bar for second time order of divorce

180 votes

The Law providing for Grounds of divorce doesn't preclude a divorcee who has remarried, to seek for divorce second time. The Previous divorce doesn't have any bearing on your second marriage. When you face Personal issues in the second marriage, you can still apply for divorce. Whether it's second or first or even third marriage is immaterial.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

mujhe apne pati se almony milegi ya nahi milegi to kitna waqt lagega kyunki advocate ki fee meri maa de rahi hai mujhe bachche nahi hai or meri fanaci…

Read More

Hello, I got married on 30 Nov 2017 under the family pressure. A month before marriage I met the girl to not continue as I cannot do this marriage, a …

Read More

I was in a relationship before my marriage for 3 years and i was married on 28 feb 2017 now i want divorce and want to marry my boyfreind because my h…

Read More

Hi sir/madam Family court settlement fixed for 8lakhs in that 5lakhs settled through DD remaining 3 lakhs need to pay july 2017 but now very diffilcul…

Read More