Procedure to claim alimony while getting separated from husband

9 years marriage and 2 courtship. He had been on and off telling me he still loves his ex and wants us to quit our marriage. I hav a 5 year kid. How much can i expect as alimony. He has a rented restaurant and 2 homes on loan in dubai. Should i go mutual or fight. We both are hindus.

Answers (4)

Hello mam hru.
I have read Ur problem as Ur thinking for mutual in tht case u will be at loss in any case . in this condition as Ur saying this situation is very bad as well as very ambarising for Us well in this condition you should take each and every step with the consultation ofnur advocate as with the help of advocate u will recover LL Ur allimony full as well as u will be able to take more money as well as you can teach a lesson to him for making fun of marriage relationship.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

The alimony/maintenance amount depends upon various factors like socio-economic background of the parties, standard of living, age and needs of the child, income of the parties, education qualification of the parties, monthly expenses etc. most importantly it is your decision whether to seek divorce by mutual consent( in case of divorce by mutual consent parties themselves decides amount of maintenance/ alimony istridhan dowry etc usually a fixed amount in two to three installments between themselves) or seek judicial separation ( in which you seek monthly maintenance/alimony through court on the basis of the above mentioned factors but do not dissolve the marriage but only seek that you be allowed to live independently from your husband either in matrimonial home or in separate accommodation)

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

For alimony file application under section 121 crpc along side application for divorce.
Alimony depends on the income of ur husband and the no. Of persons depending upon him.
Better is to file a mutual divorce petition. U will save time. But before filing the first draft make a compromise deed.

First of all you must have complete information about his assets specially the ones that you have mentioned so that the court has a clear view and the documents may work as an evidence tl show to court while taking alimony

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

My contested divorce dismissed by sessions court and contested divorce is pending in high court . Now our compromise has been done and we want to file…

Read More

My husband and I have had no marital relations for the last 8 years and though we reside in the same house, we are separate (as in separate bedrooms).…

Read More

My wife has lodged the complait against me in women cell my wife is asking to 15 lakh but i can only afford to give 5 lakh for mutual divorce.after ma…

Read More

I completed 2 yrs of marriage n after 3 she was perganent n then went her own house n her phone was not reachable n her not parents also not response …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue