×

Procedure to claim alimony while getting separated from husband

9 years marriage and 2 courtship. He had been on and off telling me he still loves his ex and wants us to quit our marriage. I hav a 5 year kid. How much can i expect as alimony. He has a rented restaurant and 2 homes on loan in dubai. Should i go mutual or fight. We both are hindus.

Hello mam hru.
I have read Ur problem as Ur thinking for mutual in tht case u will be at loss in any case . in this condition as Ur saying this situation is very bad as well as very ambarising for Us well in this condition you should take each and every step with the consultation ofnur advocate as with the help of advocate u will recover LL Ur allimony full as well as u will be able to take more money as well as you can teach a lesson to him for making fun of marriage relationship.

The alimony/maintenance amount depends upon various factors like socio-economic background of the parties, standard of living, age and needs of the child, income of the parties, education qualification of the parties, monthly expenses etc. most importantly it is your decision whether to seek divorce by mutual consent( in case of divorce by mutual consent parties themselves decides amount of maintenance/ alimony istridhan dowry etc usually a fixed amount in two to three installments between themselves) or seek judicial separation ( in which you seek monthly maintenance/alimony through court on the basis of the above mentioned factors but do not dissolve the marriage but only seek that you be allowed to live independently from your husband either in matrimonial home or in separate accommodation)

Advocate Preeti Joshi

For alimony file application under section 121 crpc along side application for divorce.
Alimony depends on the income of ur husband and the no. Of persons depending upon him.
Better is to file a mutual divorce petition. U will save time. But before filing the first draft make a compromise deed.

First of all you must have complete information about his assets specially the ones that you have mentioned so that the court has a clear view and the documents may work as an evidence tl show to court while taking alimony