Procedure to apply for divorce from wife not staying togeather

Hi got divorce from my wife through court. She filed DVC case against me. Both agreed to stay together after getting divorce. Case is pending in high court. DVC was withdrawn. But we could stay only for one week. Now we are not staying together I want apply for divorce what is further course of action

Answers (1)

1) at the time of second motion both husband and wife have to remain present in court .

2) if either husband or wife fails to attend court divorce wont be granted .

3) you can also make an application to court to with draw your consent .

4) once your consent is withdrawn divorce petition would be dismissed

5) your husband does not need legal order from court to stay with you . he can at prsent stay with you if he so desires .

6) your families consent is not necessary for the parties to say together .

7) panchayat decision has no legal sanctity . divorce decree has to be passed by court not panchayat

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Divorce case pending since 15yrs. Husband working in a private company but hiding his income. Can I seek RTI report to find & prove his income in …

Read More

See I got married last month but my wife telling me give me divorce as I am interested in her but she is not interested in me because she tells me I a…

Read More

I got married at my 17years. I have 7 yr kid now. I dont want to continue this marg life anymore. Do i want to apply divorce? And 1 more problem is.. …

Read More

My daughter love marrage in 2013 , today we have complete the diyvorce ded procedure, my quation was that any other remaining procedure in fuextuer .…

Read More