×

quesProcedure for Mutual Divorce

How long it take in case for mutual divorce? Facing hardship in marriage and not able resolve issues, would like to go for legal solution for it. We both are working in same profession.

• ansUnder Hindu Marriage Act, divorce by mutual consent can be obtained from a family court having a competent jurisdiction. As both of you are working the issue of maintenance to be paid to wife may not arise.

Both of you would be required to submit consent terms and conditions to the court. A settlement with or without certain amount can be agreed upon.

The requirement is to stay separately for 1 year. However, if appropriate reasons are cited and both the parties agree the court usually are benevolent in granting divorce within few months.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services