Procedure for ex-parte divorce

I got married in 2016 under Hindu Marriage Act. My wife continued her pre-marital affair after our marriage too. After giving her 3-4 chances, she didn't stop and even didn't want to give divorce. So finally in 2017, we filed a case in court for divorce. Meanwhile we got to know that she flew to abroad on "single" marital status. No one from her side appeared for 3 hearings. In last hearing, court had given order to put "cholu" on their board where belief personally takes notice and apply it to their house. Even after that, neither girl nor her lawyer appeared for hearing. So court has now given order to close their side for argument and given date of next month. I just want to know what would be the next steps for ex-parte and how many hearings happen before court grants ex-divorce?

Answers (2)

After non appearance of other party or second party court can give ex-party order after giving ex-party application. You need to give ex-party appication for ex-party order. Contact your lawyer for appliaction and further guidance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If you want your wife must be appear than you have to file separate application to order to Indian passport office for cancel the passport and your wife will be deport in India from any were in the world.
Now as per your case at present stage, if your side lawyer argued to pass an ex- party order than court will pass an ex-party order after may be few adjournments on the basis of present evidence before the court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Sir my sister got married to a guy in nov 2015,before the marriage there happened an incident_few days after the engagement with my sister,her mother …

Read More

My sisters husband having affair. He is not keeping any relationship with my sister. They continue to stay in same house. Mother in law tortures her. …

Read More

I am Hindu and married for 7 yrs.My husband lives outside India and he has got into relationship with other woman and want divorce to marry her. I don…

Read More

My sister is married for 11 years now. She wants divorce as her husband has many extra marital affairs and done many times domestic voilence against h…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue