Procedure for divorce where marriage not registered

Hello! Sir I am  from Bangalore, I get married and living with my husband for passed 7 years, because of same personal issue I want to apply for divorce sir but we had didn't registered the marriage so what the procedure of that sir?

Answers (3)

121 votes

Hello madam,
Even if you don't have a registered marriage certificate, you can still prove that you are married to your spouse, by showing your marriage invitation card, Marriage photograph and if you have children their birth certificate will mention their father's name. If not collect a receipt/extract of the entry made from the place where your marriage was solemnised (Temple/Church)
This will be sufficient proof of your marriage in the absence of a registered certificate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

193 votes

Dear Madam,
Marriage registered or not, that is not issue for applying divorce, you can applying divorce with your marriage photos and invitation card and you have produce to proof to show you are Bangalore resident.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
50 votes

Lot of things/issue has to be examined;
1. What is your cast?
2.Where did u got married?
3.Whether it's love marriage or arranged?
4.Have u got marriage invitation, marriage photos etc
5.Have any children between them.
Then only can suggest after examing it.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My friend was forced to get married . Both bride and bridegroom was not happy with the marraige. But unfortunately they got married on July 19 2018 ac…

Read More

I am Australian citizen married to an Indian girl who came to Australia on tourist visa. The religious ceremony was held in Australia but its not regi…

Read More

Hi, im basically from hindu religion but to get married for Muslim boy i converted as Muslim and i changed my name to Muslim name and i got married be…

Read More

Hi Sir , mei ek larki se piyar karta tha r fir humne 2014 mei court registary kr liya us wqt hum done student the , Sir sadi k bad 9month hum dono tou…

Read More