Physical & mental harassment/torture, what are the options for relief

Please confirm if Mahila Aayog and Helpline 1091 both are same department or different. I also had a counselling through 1091 but no relief . My husband still keep torturing me mentally and physiically.

Answers (2)

Mahila Aayog is a committee form for the upliftment of womens of different classes where as helpline 1091 is basically counselling centre where Police officers try to resolve the matters before feeling any FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

mam ,
You can file a divorce petition before district family judge on ground of torture and cruelty .
#And also you can file a complaint under sec. 12 domestic violence act.
#File a complaint for maintenance .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Married in february 2014 and my wife was cruel to me. Currently, she is working in some other city. We requested in laws to meet to discuss the matter…

Read More

I am seeking advice for one of my employees. He is a 21 yr old boy who got married last year and the lady that he got married is now not willing to st…

Read More

What are the possibilities when husband mentally torture his pregnant wife and what when he plays a role of detective behind her (includes cracking he…

Read More

a lady known to me - is married for the last 3 years . Her mother in law does not like her ;because this was a love marriage . The mother in law did n…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue