Physical and mental harassment by in laws what can I do

I got married 5yrs ago,they tortured me mentally n physically n deprived me of all the things at home,at last they took out all my things in my absence n shifted it to a rented house.After shifting me 2dat house,he became even worst n started threating me,beating me,scolding me n my family much more n he started coming late n many times stopped coming even n now he completely left the house n is staying wid his family after beating me but I didnt complain for it bcz i was struggling wid depression.Nw hez threatening me dat he will break the lock of the house n throw all my things as hez d husb

Answers (4)

70 votes

In regards to the information provided you can file a domestic violence case against your husband and inlaws ..and can claim monthly maintenance if you are not working and also take the restraining orders as well as you hav a right to alternate residence.for further query pls contact us

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

149 votes

You can FIR lodged for cruelty , complaint under domestic violence and if you want to separate file for divorce. In the complainant we can explain all the instances and get other section under the penal code attracted in order to make the case even strong(

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
103 votes

You may file a case of domestic violence against your husband along with that you should report it to the nearest Police Station about the incidence and file a complaint with the CAW Cell.
You have a very strong case and you must pursue it seriously.

319 votes

First of all you have to be brave enough to take legal recourse against them. Being a legally wedded wife, you can claim all the rights provided to you by the law of land. You can file domestice violance complaint agaist all your in laws beside maintainance case against your husband and also file complaint before crime against womne cell for all the cruelities

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles