Need to know about Divorce and also Alimony details and aboutcustody

It's been 6.5 yrs for my marriage...I have two kids 5.5 yrs and other is 3 yrs .Its love marriage wherein my parents were against .Before marriage he had told me that he will let me do job after marriage he continuously pressurized me for not doing job.I m a post graduate he is dependent on his father's property rent but that money is also not sufficient for us he drinks everyday and comes home late by 1 am he does not want to do anything all the kids responsibility I take care....from last few months he has stopped giving me money for my personal expenses and also for sum savings that I have started for eg.LIC,Postal recurring always I have to beg for even 100 rs now since last few days he has even stopped giving me that due to which we have fights now he has told my parents and his family members that he wants a divorce from me.Even now I don't want to stay with him I want to know can I get alimony also my kids have been adopted by brother in law he is financially strong.

Answers (2)

266 votes

hello madam,

You can file divorce petition under ground of cruelty undr Hindu marriage.
You can ask for custody of your children's in family court. in the divorce petition you can ask for alimony too.. because your not a working women

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

350 votes

Dear Queriest, the situation as per described by you is very much hard. You and your children are facing. here if you want divorce and maintenance which is possible and you can apply for the same too. rest to discuss this issue in detail kindly call me once you this reply.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles