Need to get divorce as i am living separate from 8 months

Dear Sir/ madam, What to do, my husband is not living with me, I had 2 daughter, 1 is with him and 2nd is with me, I take care for the 2nd daughter, but now I want to dissolve the same, Meanwhile in this period he had not help me in any way i.e. financially and all, says that do your own, So what can I do, I want to dissolve the marriage and I don't want any alimony from him.

Answers (3)

302 votes

File for a mutual divorce. It will be peaceful without much tussle.
Also, the court will ask you and your husband to reconcile, which is again upto you.

Also the custodianship of your children can be settled smoothly and nobody has to suffer in the future.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

Madam, you can file complaint against him and aslo issue legal notice to your husband, thereafter file divorce petitio n. And can claim your right of maintenance and property etc.for yourself and your daughter.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
120 votes

Hello Madam,

You can file a mutual consent petition. You will get the decree of divorce in 6mnths from the date of filling.
You can keep the custody of your child if minor. If major custody does not come in question.

For further information kindly call me on 9833473146.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles