Need divorce due to lack of mental peace and threatening

My friend wants divorce because she has been in continuous mental abuse by her husband and finally he slapped her one day. She does not want to continue after this act. She wants to send a notice to her husband but fears if he does not appear for hearing and may drag case unnecessarily and put false allegations on her for not giving alimony to her. She also has a minor daughter. How does she proceed.

Answers (3)

263 votes

Women is empowered by Indian laws in such a way that Indian husbands have to bow to his wife one day or the other. She can file multiple cases and bring him to her terms. She needs some money for litigation and patience till get court orders.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

220 votes

Sir, don't worry, she is having every right to claim her maintainance and also to the chaild. If she wants to divorce then proceed with filing a petition before the family court. Don't pear about drag the matter, false allegations, alimony. Don't send notice, directly file a petition. You better to engage an advocate for guidance and legal service.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
159 votes

if your friend wants diverse she want to file first domestic violence in the domestic violence act for her daughter and her she'll see can claim for permanent alimony in the domestic violence act and later she can file for contesting divorce petition

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles