necessary to file recovery execution in high court for maintance

i got a order from court RS.15000 as maintenance my husband blocked it and decreased it to 3000. so is it necessary to challenge it in high court only or can we challenge it family court in my town pls give correct guidance everybody is mis guiding me.

Answers (3)

324 votes

Your husband cannot block the court order. You can file the C M P before the Family Court in your place against your husband. You can file the C M P only after one year of the disposal of the M C Case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

213 votes

If you have a decree from a court, then you can enforceable on that court itself by execution petition. If the amount ordered by the court is interim maintenance then File a petition on the same court for recovery of the amount from husband and state the real facts that he did not paid the amount as per the order of the court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
196 votes

Information furnished is incomplete. Which court granted the maintenance? What do you mean by "my husband blocked it and decreased it to 3000. "? Was it through a further judicial proceedings? If so, Were you heard before reducing the amount of maintenance?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles