My wife put false dowry case against me

Me and my wife living separately since last 8 months. She did all the harassment things and made my life worst after marriage, now after 8 months of separation she has put false 498a, 417,406 and 34 FIR on me and my parents and now Matter will be in court. We have never demanded dowry and never harassed her, in that case we are the victim. What to do in such case?

Answers (2)

349 votes

Which proof or evidence she mentioned in FIR.
Whether are you guilty or not that can be come after trial finished.Butnyou can file proceeding in High Court for quashing of FIR on the grounds you mentioned in your question.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

215 votes

My Response to your query:

If charge sheet is not prepared you can go for quashing of fir before High Court.

If charge sheet prepared than you have to go for discharge application.

For detail consultation you can contact me

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles