My husband is alcoholic and had abused me physically and verbally

My husband is alcoholic and had abused me physically and verbally many tomes I have all the evidences against him.I have 9 years old son.even his school fees is pending since last 3 years. Right now I am staying at my parents house with my son.Even my son has not gone to school since last 3 months.I am a housewife but he is running a business in my name.He had tried to call me back through my friend. But sometimes considering my childs future I feel I should go back but me and my parents are worried that again he can repeat the samething. Please suggest me what should I do to protect me and my son if we go back or how much time it will take to get divorce and will I get maintenance for me and my child as he is running business in my name.

Answers (3)

116 votes

Yes maintenance is your right which every women owes to her husband under section 125 of Crpc. And regarding the business issue I would like to know more details which can go against him. You can contact me for further details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

You can file complaint against him under section 498-A of IPC and other relevent provisions of penal code even you can file complaint under the provisions of protection of woman from domestic violence act

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
190 votes

Dear client,it is real truth in our society due to the habits of alcoholism,smoking,drug addiction .tobacco chewing, lakhs of family suffering due to problems,but in modern medical technology these habits drastically reduced, in Pune Dr,Anil Awachat's institute alcohol anamics working very well
in this institute person surely changes his habits.get one chance by this way, I know the feelings the person who sustaining such abusement from last ten years,it is obvious section 125 of criminal procedure code will help in maintenance ,but it is observed such type persons never fulfil these judgements given by the judges as the punishment for non fulfilment is for one month only,I suggest send message by his friend about admit to this institute for one month then you will return ,second option go their and file case against him 498A of hunda demand which is useful for you,I have given such advice considering my daughter if you like my advice please rate me,wish you all the best .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles