My husband and in laws are torturing me how to take legal action now

My husband lied to me before marriage about his salary and job. He wants my parents to purchase things for home, when I refused , he sent me back to my home with love and now he doesn't want me to come back. I compromised , adjusted but now I m so broken and dont know where to go! My father took a loan for this marriage and gave everything my in laws wanted Please advice

Answers (4)

126 votes

Dear in the court of law the process is lengthy time consuming and first you have to spend money from your own pocket.there are legal services office in every district which can provide you with a lawyer free of cost and you have to pay nothing. There are so many action you can take against your husband and in law . The law relating to matrimonial disputes is very vide. You can file petition for maintenance under section 125 CR.p c you can file case for maintenance arrangement for accommodation, compensation under prevention of women from domestic violence act you can file criminal complaint under section 406/498-A I P C you can file civil suit for recovery of marriage expenses

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

85 votes

Mam u can file a divorce case on the grounds of concealments of fact and u can also file dowry and crulety case under section 406 498 IpC and can also claim maintence from your husband under section 125 crpc.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
221 votes

You file criminal complaint against your husband and his relative for causing mental and physical cruelty.even you can file maintenance case .you can file domestic violence case in court also

130 votes

Filed FIR aganist her husband near police station recored every statment when police are not record statement then go to court for file complaint . And donot compromise in this condition if compromise then more tortuing .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles