Mutual divorce as husband filed for divorce u/s 13 of marriage act

How to make my husband take section 13 and to go for mutual divorce.

Answers (2)

334 votes

yes u can go for the mutual divorce divorce by filing a petition before the court. or mutually go for the divorce and file the maintenance case if u want or if he is ready for giving maintenance without then there is no need for that.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

203 votes

Dear client,
Your husband must have filed the divorce u/s 13 (1)(is). I guess you now want to file the same u/s 13(b) that is divorce by mutual must prove in court that you are living separately from last one year. you both decide the terms and conditions related to maintenance, kids if any, property etc. Ask your husband to withdraw the existing complain and file a mutual divorce petition mentioning all these terms and conditions..within 6 months in two motions you will get divorce

Team lawyer mitra

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles