Mutual Divorce after 498A, DVC, MC Case

21-Sep-2023 (In Divorce Law)
Hi, Married in Chennai on Aug 2021, Wife left to her parents home on Jan-2023 and after 3 months filed false 498A, DVC & MC cases. All the cases are running in court in Girl native town i.e Sullurpeta (Nellore District-Andhra Pradesh). Now they are asking for out of court settlement through Lok adalat and Judge advised us to pay some compensation and withdraw all cases . Is it possible to Quash the FIR based on the settlement through CRP 482. what should be documented in settlement. Pls advise.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
545 votes
Yes you can settle the case 498, DVC and maintainance case and after settlement in lok Adalat you will get a copy in lok Adalat that u can submit in court and go for quash ..need more info get in touch with any advocate and he will help you out
Answer #2
501 votes
hi you could file quash petition to quash the FIR as it is based on all false allegations and if you dont want to give money as it is based on all false allegations and that you could contest on the above basis

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."