Mother wants to file for divorce and DV case after 25 yrs of marriage

My parents have been married for 25 years and my mother has been physically and mentally tortured by my father and his family for 23 years. If my mother wants to file a case against my father what is the maintenance she is entitled, she is supporting both my brother and I as we’re both studying -23 and 19 yrs, also what is expected time frame for a divorce to be finalised?

Answers (2)

62 votes

Ji tell me first thing that in which time your mother Father living separately some times required for divorce and she is entitled to get maintenance during living with him as law on the income maintenance wil be determine

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

Yes she can file a case for maintenance. Even she can file a separate case for domestic violence and mental and physical harassment. Maintenance amount will depend upon the monthly earning of the husband.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles