Mental torture by husband can I file for divorce after 6 months

can i file divorce  without any issues can I settled it from family concern or shall I go with legal action I'm in a very bad mental condition he torcher me physically n mentally but he is not accepting it right now I'm with my parents n the duration of my marriage is just 5 months. I'm agrawal from religion

Answers (5)

102 votes

Dear client
Since ur marriage is just 5months old I will suggest u to go for a couple counselling. There larger possibilities of patch up. U can go for counselling from ur parent home itself for sefty measures.
if it wont work then u have many legal remedies with u like compaint under domastic violence act or filing for divorce etc

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

241 votes

Dear Client you cannot file divorce within first one year of marriage also domestic voilence case along with cr.pc 125 , s.18 of Hindu adoption & MAINTAINANCE act can be filed against husband also you can file for criminal case u/s 498-A against him if torture is beyond bearings also further u can contact us adv.MAYUR P SALUNKE

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
212 votes

Petition for divorce is not permissible within one year of marriage, however you can seek permission of the court for filing the divorce proceedings.
You can also proceed with domestic violence for relief in such case

118 votes

Dear client u cannot file divorce before completion of one year of marriage. But file police complaint against husband with women cell of police. It is nesessarry to establish cruelty in court while asking for divorce. For detail discussion call me

Adv prasad patil


216 votes

You can file for divorce but it will take the court procedures and legal action to get the final results..

You can also file criminal complaint against the husband with the police and criminal courts for the physical torture to you..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles