×

quesMental condition of groom concealed before marriage. What can be done?

My sister got married in june 2014. Within 15 days of marriage we got to know that sister's husband has some mental problem which was concealed from us before the marriage. Since then my sister is staying with us. Can we apply for divorce? What should my sister do in such a situation?

As per hindu marriage act if either party though capable of giving a valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children in such cases,

the marriage is a voidable marriage and can be nullified by filing an application for annulment of marriage.

• ansAs per hindu marriage act if either party though capable of giving a valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children in such cases the marriage is a voidable marriage and can be nullified by filing an application for annulment of marriage.

Advocate Tanushree Sahani

Jakkur, Bangalore

• ansgood ground for applying for divorce.

Advocate Kiran N Murthy

Indiranagar, Bangalore

• ansHi, mental problem is not a incurable disease but they have concealed the information which amount to fraud and it is better go for mutual consent divorce or else file a petition under section 12 of the Hindu marriage act for void marriage.

Advocate Pradeep Bharathipura

Rajajinagar, Bangalore

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services