Married After Exparte Divorce

Sir/Madam, I got exparte divorce decree in Jan 2018 and got married in August 2018, till now divorce decree is not placed for set aside or cancelled, but I got the call from police station saying case is filled but police is not provided which case is filed.

Answers (1)

Since the ex parte divorce decree has neither been set aside or appealed, the divorce decree will be deemed to be final.
However it appears the case may be filed in the nearest police station u/s 498A . If the case has been filed after the divorce decree, then the 498a case is not legally valid.
Also in today's changed circumstances, police cannot arrest under 498a if the other side has appeared before police and police cannot decide who is guilty/ not guilty. It is for courts to decide.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

How to cancel samaj Mandir certificate after two months.…

Read More

Hi i did court with arya samaj marriage since december 2017 . I got notary kind of certificate and also arya samaj certificate but when i chevked that…

Read More

Hi, I was engaged to a girl on 7th March. It was an arranged marriage and all the things went real well. Last week, I found out that the girl is only …

Read More

Hi sir we have married before 6 months only but by force my wife's guardian is not agree and want us to divorce forcely and we both wants to leave…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue