Marriage on the ground of false education information

My Female Friend (Hindu) got married in last December. At the time of marriage her parents send a profile of bride as mentioned she is a graduate, but her graduation is not completed (2 papers not cleared). In first meeting her parents also false committed she is doing MBA, however she was planning to take admission in MBA. Regarding MBA there was nothing mentioned in Profile.She never did any job and her in-law wanted a complete homely bride not job oriented. Now her husband constantly demanding her Degrees. can her husband file any criminal case against her and her parents? Please Advice.

Answers (3)

257 votes

We need to see the profile etc. Of both What about relationships between them, however this may be a ground for divorce but chances of criminal action is rare. It will be better if she is interviewed personally

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

257 votes

Hi Sec 12 of HMA deals with Voidable marriages.Since the consent for marriage was gotten by means of fraud and false educational information imho the marriage is certainly voidable.However a lot depends upon the kind of evidence and witenesses presented.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
240 votes

As per your information no case is made of cheating is made out. Before commenting on the situation you have to clear whether there is any proof that they lied before marriage, if there is any proof than the best he can do is to file a divorce

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles