Maintenance to wife and quah of flase 498A fir

21-Sep-2023 (In Divorce Law)
125 crpc m jab hum wife ki petition par objection file krte h vo kes section m aata hai ? Kya wife k 125 case dalne k bad Hume parents se bhi humare upr maintenance case dalvana chahiye ?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
624 votes
That we don't have any specific sec for the reply of sec 125 under the crpc and we file the W/S supported by the income affidavit. yes it is an option that your parents have to file the maintenance case on you.
Answer #2
814 votes
I'm guessing you want to file quashing of fir in high court.

section 482 gives inherent power to high court and supreme court to quash false fir.

since maintenance case by parents would be after wife maintenance case, it would not be advisable to do so.
Answer #3
618 votes
When a section 125 CrPC petition is filed seeking maintenance from a husband, a written statement or a reply needs to be filed where you have to rebut all the allegations and also have to counter her false claim citing her academics and earning capacity. Not required though however it can be filed depending upon the facts of each case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."