Live separately & file for divorce as parents & in laws not supporting

I want to file a divorce because my married life is not going happily but neither my in-laws nor my parents want me to do this. They are continuously pressurising me. I am looking for a job and I am getting offers as well but they do not allow me to work because of their fears. Is it illegal if I start living in a separate apartment without their permission and file a divorce?

Answers (1)

145 votes

Yes you can live separately and file a divorce u/s. 13 if wife not ready and if she is ready I can go for mutual divorce ... for further details about legal aspect contact me and arrive at my office as per terms of law rato

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles