Legal Remedy in case father harassing mentally and physically

My father is very violent and beats me my mother and my sisters.My mother is planning to file divorce but tge problem is when he will receive notice he would be with us at our home and we don't know how violently he will react at that time.He is already hurting us emotionally by taunting,physically by beating us and economically by not providing any kind of money to us for household expenses.I.just want to know the way by which we can give him notice and at the time of receiving notice he won't be able to hurt us.

Answers (3)

59 votes

You can take the help of your relatives by first calling them to your house and then giving the notice to him in presence of them or else you can take the help of local police by 1st filing a complaint to them in writing and taking their receiving on that letter then show the same letter to your father that you have filed a complaint to the police and then give him the divorce notice or any one of you go to your relatives house nd mail him the notice from their..or simply call the neighbors and hand over the notice or firmly warn him that if he will do any harm u will call the police and then hand him the notice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

347 votes

Don't worry about this particular problem as he is doing completely bad and is creating problem for himself. We can send him a legal notice and then if he threatens you or your family members then call the police to arrest him.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
87 votes

It is better to file a domestic violence case also on behalf of you, you mother and sisters before filing divorce. and ask the court to give directions for your protection also. not to worry you will be provided with the protection for the same.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles