Legal remedy against possibility of defamation after divorce

My friend sister’s husband has filled context divorce against her on the basis of adultery and cruelty. He has some call recordings and filled the divorce case. After knowing that he has genuine evidences, my friend sister agreed for mutual divorce. Now, both have completed the first motion and second motion to be happened. Our point is that her husband has not yet shares/ opens call recording to our relatives because he wants divorce. But if he does the same after divorce then it will be very difficult for my friend sister to live in Society. How can we avoid the said situation of defamation. Can we ask him to write on a plain paper and say he will be responsible for any defamation which will happen in future if he opens call recording to the relatives. Please suggest the best way out, how can we sure he will not do any act which is defamation for us. Thank you

Answers (3)

294 votes

yes he may disclose but if want protection from that you have made a non disclosure agreement on a stamp paper of nominal value in which it is specifically written that upon disclosure after a defamatory complaint and punishment in the form of imprisonment will follow and get it signed and attested from notary.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

60 votes

As of now you cannot file any such thing, the only remedy which we shall have is to fine a suit for defamation, (civil and criminal) along with injunction and damages so that such thing could be stopped from coming up.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
265 votes

Hi ,
As per your concern you are worrying about the defamation after getting separation from her husband.
We have an idea against this and it would be easy to communicate over the call.
Thanks nd regards,
Adv Pradeep Saxena
Supreme Court Of India

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles