Legal query regarding appeal in the High Court

Decree of contested divorce obtained from lower court. My wife appealed in high court. Please tell me, after disposal of this appeal, how many times can my wife appeal in high court again in different benches ?

Answers (2)

hi according to your query your wife can approach one time in the high court after getting the disposal there then she has to approach to the supreme court of India, but if you require clarification on the appeal please contact us at any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Sir,

One person, one case, one appeal is the law. So in your matter also she can file only one appeal, then revision lies. Not an appeal. Was that appeal filed by your wife is within limitation period or not.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

i have one question from a lady kindly respond. . she married a man 6 months ago. After 6 months she came to know that her husband is having only one …

Read More

I had a love marriage 6 years back without parents support and from day 1 I am facing his drinking problem, also he used to hit me back but then I nev…

Read More

My wife filed a divorce case against me u/s 13(1)(ia) of HMA. She levelled all kinds of baseless allegations against me in the suit. I contested the c…

Read More

I want divorce from my wife. But she is not ready to divorce me. Please tell is there any way for divorce? Religion- Hindu…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue