Legal procedure to return maintenance received after divorce

 I got divorced on 2010. I received 10 lacks as Jeevanamsam. Now I don't want that money. Please tell me how can I returned this money 

Answers (2)

92 votes

You can return the money to your husband by sending a legal.notice to him beforehand. But the divorce cannot be revoked as you have returned that money. If no issue with divorce, you first send legal notice expressing ur intention to return to he money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

142 votes

The amount cannot be returned. The person has not mentioned needed information about the case. Hence it is unable to define the needful legal services. The case of petitioner could not be defined. It cannot be guaranteed

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles