Legal procedure to file for divorce & claim maintenance

I and my son staying with my mother since 4 years and want legal divorce i have head about free divorce court in mumbai plz advice me on it.

Answers (3)

118 votes

You can approach NGO or go to the respective court where you need to file your divorce application and request the judicial office to assist with free legal aid. They will direct you to concerned bar members who will help you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

62 votes

There is a legal fees which you have to pay to lawyer and if you want maintenance to satisfy your daily needs you can file seperate application in the court and you can demand the maintenance for your daily life and also you can demand for your residential place where you can stay with your son

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
140 votes

You can make divorce application before Honourable court of your jurisdiction by paying court fee (Please do check), court secutinize your application and find valid then divorce shall be available to you.
kindly go through with the provisions of 13 of Hindu Marriage Act (if Hindu), wherein ground clearly illustrated.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles