Legal procedure for mutual divorce

Hi, I got married in 2015 but we have different thought so I need to divorce her with mutual understanding. Please assist me how to go further.

Answers (4)

336 votes

Hi you can file a petition for mutual consent divorce in court of ccompetent jurisdiction with the help of a lawyer.
Have to decide common terms of agre ement for dissolution of marriage.such as alimony and custody of child if any.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

52 votes

Dear sir.
If you both ready to take a divorce by mutual consent. Then you can file petition under section 13(B) of Himdu Marriage Act. After fule a petition Hon'ble court give some period (6 or3 months) for re communicate to each other about realy want to take divorce or not. After that Hon'ble court pronoumce a order

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
98 votes

Gone through your query, you need to come and discuss the matter so that it will be convenient to draft the facts in proper manner. We can have a discussion and the procedure will be clear to you.we can file the petition.

76 votes

If your spouse is ready for mutually separation , then decide the terms of divorce like exchange of articles , money etc, then you can any time proceed for divorce, if your spouse is not ready for mutual divorce, require more details to help you..

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles