Legal procedure for divorce as living separately for 2.7 years

2.7 yrs ago my wife disputed with me & with my parents on trifling issue. In-spite of that I showed all interests to resolve that disputes but she was not in the state of mind to maintaining peace & she decided to live with her mother. She always had abusing language, fighting nature on small-small issues. She abused many times to me, my mother & my father. She threatened me to take suicide during disputes many times. my 5 yr. daughter living with me. I take care of her, related to her schooling & other. My wife not showed the interest to live with my daughter even I taking care that wife meets my daughter. Periodically I take care that my daughter & my wife meets each other but wife don't interested. My wife is not living with me or with my daughter since 2.7 yrs. thats why I decided to take divorce from her. I'm religiously bouddh. So I'm expecting from you a path-showing advice. Kindly give it to me. Thank You!

Answers (3)

292 votes

You can file a case for divorce one sided against your wife on the ground of cruelty and desertion . If she is ready for mutual divorce then you can file a petition for mutual divorce which takes 6 months for decree of divorce

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

67 votes

If your wife not living with you, have she asked for any maintenance..?
Will she agree for Divorce by mutual consent..?
If she won't agree for Divorce, you need to send a legal notice stating your intention of Divorce with relevant reason for It.
She will give a reply to the legal notice and depending on her stand you can decide line of action..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
115 votes

Look it will be better if you both go for a mutual divorce .
We can Send her a legal notice that you don't want to live with her and continue the relation anymore . So this legal advice will be more correct for u

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I don't know what to do as my husband is really abusive and he beats me like anything sometimes. I have 2 daughters and if I leave my hu…

Read More

sir i married a girl 2 years back who is a second marriage girl cheated us. now the have applied divorce to me with compensation of 20 lakhs. i lost 2…

Read More

I was divorced in 1988 and never asked for any alimony. I was working and was confident that I could manage. Now, due to various reasons I have no inc…

Read More

i was filled maintenance and dv case in indore family court against my husband. He or his advocate not came on 3 dates. he x partee decree . now he wa…

Read More