Legal grounds for annulment of marriage

Just after 10 days of marriage we came to know she is suffering with PCOD. Then she left after 10 days from my home we filed case as nul and wide what would be the result ?

Answers (3)

221 votes


PCOD problem is not a ground to declare the marriage is null and void, because it is not a venereal disease. So, try to make it out in a positive way instead of going for divorce. Try to understand the problem as to why she left from your house. If both sides not willing to live together it is better to take Divorce on mutual consent.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

164 votes

Please note that PCOD is not a big issue, it has a cure like laser treatment. You can get treatment in Ayurvedic or Allopathy. Do not see everything in Magnifying glass. Try to support your spouse. If she can loose weight and have proper medication, there might not be a problem for conception. Remove other thoughts of divorce on this ground. Marriage cannot be void on this ground. Also please know that even girls who are of age 13 are also suffering with said problem....Do not spoil your personal life by roaming courts...

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
274 votes

Insofar as filing a petition for annulment of marriage, any of the following grounds must be present: (1) either party was 18 years of age or over but below twenty-one, and the marriage was solemnized without the consent of his parents, guardian or person having substitute parental authority over the party, in that order, unless after attaining the age of twenty-one, he/she freely cohabited with the other party; (2) either party was of unsound mind, unless such party after coming to reason, freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife; (3) consent of either party was obtained by fraud, unless such party afterwards, with full knowledge of the facts constituting the fraud, freely cohabited with the other; (4) the consent of either party was obtained by force, intimidation or undue influence, unless the same having disappeared or ceased, such party thereafter freely cohabited with the other; (5) either party was physically incapable of consummating the marriage with the other, and such incapacity continues and appears to be incurable; or (6) either party was afflicted with a sexually-transmissible disease found to be serious and appears to be incurable 

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles