Is notary document considered valid for mutual divorce

I am a Muslim boy and taken mutual divorce outside with paying 13 lakhs to my ex wife...but my advocate give me a notary document which is not valid where I worked..I told my ex wife that I want a court order.but now she was completely ignoring me and saying me that I can't go to court already I have signed in notary what can I do

Answers (2)

Respected Sir,

Considering it to be a very special case, i would request you to connect with the AIMPLB local District nodal officer whose reference can be got from the Collector's office. His decision would have weightage.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

It's unfortunate that you have been wrongly advised, no mutual consent divorce can be done through notary public affidavit. For a divorce both of you shall have to file a case by filing a written plaint for mutual divorce before the Court of Learned District Judge concerned and you shall have the subsequent date for final hearing after six months thereafter. On that final date both of you shall have to file your affidavit in chief (which is basically the reiteration of the plaint itself), and you shall have to confirm your stand for want of dissolution of marriage on dock and then you get the decree for dissolution of marriage. However, try to let your wife understand that the earlier notary affidavit is inoperative and she herself also can not also tell herself a divorced lady and can not remarry or claim the status of a divorced lady. All the best. Regards

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I want to know the procedure for a Mutual Divorce. We live in Punjab but we’ve been born and brought up in Uttar Pradesh. Can I file the papers …

Read More

i have separated with my wife 3 yrs back through mutual consent, out of court. no court divorce decree was passed. I have one son who is staying with …

Read More

Got divorced in May 2015 in Us with mutual consent settling all issues.Back home her mother filed complaint and summons were issuedin June 2015. Quash…

Read More

How will apply the mutual divorce ? what is the document required for mutual divorce ? and How much time it will teck ?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue