×

Is notary document considered valid for mutual divorce

I am a Muslim boy and taken mutual divorce outside with paying 13 lakhs to my ex wife...but my advocate give me a notary document which is not valid where I worked..I told my ex wife that I want a court order.but now she was completely ignoring me and saying me that I can't go to court already I have signed in notary document.now what can I do

Respected Sir,

Considering it to be a very special case, i would request you to connect with the AIMPLB local District nodal officer whose reference can be got from the Collector's office. His decision would have weightage.

Best

It's unfortunate that you have been wrongly advised, no mutual consent divorce can be done through notary public affidavit. For a divorce both of you shall have to file a case by filing a written plaint for mutual divorce before the Court of Learned District Judge concerned and you shall have the subsequent date for final hearing after six months thereafter. On that final date both of you shall have to file your affidavit in chief (which is basically the reiteration of the plaint itself), and you shall have to confirm your stand for want of dissolution of marriage on dock and then you get the decree for dissolution of marriage. However, try to let your wife understand that the earlier notary affidavit is inoperative and she herself also can not also tell herself a divorced lady and can not remarry or claim the status of a divorced lady. All the best. Regards

Advocate Preeti Joshi