Is concealing an affair before marriage fraud

Hello, I got married on 10 jan 2016 hindu family. But after few days the bride told me that she had an affair and she can not live without his ex. She even told that she told her father about the affair 10 days before the marriage but her father also concealed this from our family. Is'nt it a fraud with us? She lived with our family and left out home in just 20 days. Out marriage was not registered due to her lack of interest in our family. Please guide what to do. Thank You

Answers (3)

313 votes

If you were not aware about the affair of your wife at the time of your marriage than it can be a base for the divorce, but, if after knowing all the facts you were ready to marry her than it can't be a base for divorce. You'll have to prove her affair for divorce, burden of proof will be on you. So collect all the proofs.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

288 votes

Hello...first recent ..ab apki wife kya chahte h..agr agree h to app mutual me divorce le skte h .jisme app dono ki consent nnecessary h..or agr apke pass proof h to app criminal case file kr skte ho..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
265 votes

Here in ur case we have to prove that she involved in adultery in that case u can record phone calls of them if they are still involved.
Secondly, make it clear what do u want. If u want divorce then se can proceed likewise. It may take time but it will be. There may be divorce on mutual consent.
Feel free to talk with me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles