Is child marriage legal and how can it be dissolved?

I am 18 nd girl is 17 both are hindu but she got married under parents pressure and now ahe don't want to live with her husband he want to live with me nd so i am thinking for filling case but her parents end the case by many powers and then girl come under danger so what can we do but we dont to file case in our local police station becos they support her parents give us an suggestion what will we do ????

Answers (2)

171 votes

This is void marriage and you can proceed with an application to your SP office firstly if you do not want to complaint in local police or you can file a suit in family court to stand this marriage as void marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

199 votes

As per the Hindu Marriage Act, any marriage where the girl is below 18 years of age is voidable at the instance of the party. Hence, the girl can file a petition under section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act for annulling the marriage between her and her husband in the family court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles