Interim decision made by judge without my presence

Hello, Judge granted maintenance without my presence and that too, from the date of filing petition means with 40% of my total salary. Even though all the allegations were wrong and can't be proven. But I do have our chat history which can prove her wrong, Please advice how can I deny maintenance. That girl just lived for 2 months and made big allegations for alimony. We have a child, and they have not even cared to show me pics and shared name. She is misusing power of being girl. Please advice

Answers (3)

It appears that you have not appeared in the Court or engaged an advocate to take care of your defence. If the allegations are wrong and you have good defence you should have been responsible in attending the court. Because of your lapse, the matter has been decided ex-parte. This is only an interim order, you still have the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In this case you can appear before the court through a lawyer and set aside the expartee order. You have to proovethat the wife is the matrimonial offender and she is having sufficient income to maintain herself. A thorough discussion with your lawyer and all documents and the circumstance of the case is necessary to do so. You can come in person to me or contact me through phone. Legal advise is chargeable in advance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

It is clear that on your absence the decree was passed. You can file the petition before the concerned Family Court to set aside the exparte decree. On the light of your application the court will take the case for evidence again. You will get the chance to defend the case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I live in California. This is regarding a lady I know of who works as house maid in Chennai and she has filed for divorce from her alcoholic husband. …

Read More

Does court cease joint (joint account of Sister in law & Husband)account also if husband not able to give maintinance to wife? (2) Can we go to hi…

Read More

Hi , I have been mutually divorced since a year now. My X had agreed for 25000 monthly maintenance for my daughter, after 7 months he has approached c…

Read More

husband filed FIR against me and my parents, siblings. under pressure asked to sign mutual divorce. first motion done, second due, in settlement he pu…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue