Initiation of divorce by a husband under Hindu Law

my friend has spoken with a lawyer as he wants a divorce. the lawyer has asked for a written statement with details as to why he is seeking a divorce. this includes mental torture, mental harrasment, instability to the child, abusing parents, professional hazards being caused by wife. is there a format which he can use to write this statement? any key words that he should add to support his case?

Answers (3)

274 votes

Divorce are two type
13A not mutual consent blaming on yr husband he is not good by nature...used abusing lang....may be unsound mind or any medical defect.
13B by mutual consent both parties. agreed

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

219 votes

of course, the lawyer has sought for some questions, and those questions ought to be answered accordingly, so that the case could be set up accordingly. The lawyer, if qualified, will set the cases accordingly. he may also seek for the financial status, so that he could set the defence for the financial maintenance sought up by his wife.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
65 votes

These are the grounds on which a person can seek divorce from his/ her partner. There is no such format on which he can write this statement it all depends on your case and his style of writing the statement or rather presenting the case in a well manner covering all the relevant facts and information on which you are seeking divorce in a lawful manner.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hindu we got married in 16 th April 2016 and now my husband wants divorce presuming that he is already married in Poland where he is staying for more …

Read More

Husband is violent, beats me, not earning and not responsible towards me and my child. Even my salary Debit card is also with him. He scared me by say…

Read More

I have a 8 month old daughter. My husband quarreled with my family at time of delivery and demanded money for hospital expenses. I stopped talking to …

Read More

Am a divorcee from bangalore. in 2014 a person promised me of marriage telling that he is expecting his divorce any moment. He and his mother came and…

Read More