In laws harassing husband staying away since two years

Hi sir,I am married to a person who has two unmarried sisters.ours was lv marg which now I feel it was planned.his family promised us tht they will get their daughter married as it was a big issue in our marg.....initially they kept fooling later they denied saying tht it's nt ur they do live with us nanda frustrating part is they continously interfere and badmouth abt me to my husband my in laws r also trying their best to irritate me so tht I.leave the house....moreover my husband has nt kept any relation with me since 2years and from.Last 3 months we r staying like strangers

Answers (5)

298 votes

First of all you have to decide what do you want. You are legally wedded wife and you claims all the righs agaisnt your husband and your in laws. You can go for domestic violance complaint also and get retraining orders from courts.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

You have to take strict action against all of them. You can lodge a complaint against them. If you want to dissolve marriage, you have to file a divorce petition before the family court. Judge will order first motion of divorce and after six months second and final motion divorce takes place. You are also entitled for maintenance. You should not face harassment any more. Start new life. Revert me if you have any other query.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
149 votes

Felt sorry to hear you and have full sympathy with you. It seems that you have mentioned only few incidences. You require detailed conversation with a counsellor or advocate. Your husband and in laws are behaving very odd. After discussing the issues, then only an advocate can consult you the best possible way to get out of it. God bless you, take care

110 votes

Pl let me know what do you want to do it in this case? Are you wanting to take divorce? If you want to seek divorce, you will have to meet me to know more about your problem. Pl elaborate also whether what do you mean by husband not keeping any relations with you? is it that both of you are not staying in the same house?

165 votes

It is upto you to decide what do you want from this. Either you can reconcile the issues and lead a better life or you can ask for separation and maintenance. If there is any harassment then you can file a cse under Domestic Violence Act. so better consult a lawyer and discuss things with him.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles