I wish to get divorce from a person who lied about everything

I have a friend who got married in august. The person whom she got married to initially said that he earns 50k per month and made many false promises. But the hua original salary is 35k and out of which only 15k comes home. She tried to adjust but the person is not at all understanding and doesn't respect her feeling. When she came home to speak to her family he made allegations on her that she has many affairs and all. Her father has locked her in the house and no one can contact her now. Will there be any legal problem if we bring her from her house without telling anyone ? And what is the best way to file divorce in this case ? She is really faving a hard time without any support, being mentally tortured. She wants to live on her own now and we are there to help her.

Answers (4)

234 votes

The girl has legal remedy to file for divorce under section 13 of Hindu marriage Act or others depending on her religion. if she is not finding it adjusting and appropriate to continue in the marital relationship. Alternativly she can refer the matter for mediation and conciliation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

277 votes

What are you waiting for? Just now call 100 and report the matter and get her freed from torture. You are a friend and have no right to take her from her home without informing anyone. The salary is no ground for divorce but mental and physical torture is. She will need discussion with police, legal persons and Courts before coming to final conclusion.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
321 votes

If she is being kept by putting lock in her room then you may file police complaint. No can be restrained in Room by putting lock Without her/ his consent.
It's offence punishable in IPC...
You must lodge complaint in nearest police station and when police will inquire the matter then you friend may give her statment. Even the husband cannot keep his wife against her wish...

163 votes

Yes. if you people have yet did not take action and are really to get divorce. The first problem is to take back the girl from the custody of her in-law house. For that what one is to do. go to the concern police station move an application in the shape of information giving detail about your intention to take back your daughter/ girl etc to her parental house being fed up from their behaviour or give dtail. with the submission that she want justice by approaching to the concerned civil or criminal court. the police will accompany you and will note down by entering rapt about leaving the house by that girl. then in such case no trouble will be there like false allegation that while going she take away so and so. then filed divorce in the court in jurisdiction of which the parental house falls.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles