I called my wife bitch can she file domestic violence case

I have called my wife 'bitch' over the phone and she has the proof of it. Can she file a DV against me? if so in what severity will the court consider and punish me..

Answers (3)

181 votes

she can file a DVC case against you for harassment, mental torture and physical harassment.
she can also file case against you if her dignity,reputation, are damaged by you.
in your issue all these things are very silly issues to file DV cases. i am not supporting you, in marital life
at the heat of the moment it happens, don't worry you patch-up with your wife, talk to her, say sorry to her,
and avoid this legal issues
all the best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

167 votes

the word bitch is abusive and your wife can file a DV.
But one instance of using abusive language is not an offence.
in order to file a DVC case, the abuse should be repetitive/continous to such an extent that the person is suffering repetitively from recurrence of such events and hence fulfill the definition of Cruelty/Violence.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
257 votes

Yes she can file a case against you, even if she don't have a voice record of the word then also she can file a case . I DVC case your wife can ask for maintanance or residential
Order apart from that she can't pray for your imprisonment, but apart from DVC she have other options also.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles