×

quesHusband's Elder brother committed bigamy and adlutery.

my husband's elder brother committed bigamy. Even after knowing this that her husband is already married, had sexual relationship with him. When the first wife warned husband about legal action, and with police intervention the 2nd wife was sent to her mother's place. husband said that he has done a mistake and he is sorry about that. Everything was looking fine until husband was caught again with the same girl in bed. parents of husband and wife and some neighbours also saw them. husband said that he wants to live with that girl but they denied their married. what action can be taken.

Assuming you are hindus, you can procreed with filing a criminal case against your husband under the provisions of the indian penal code.

You can file a case under the charges of adultery combined with cruelty because as per the law of cruelty can even be mental cruelty.

Secondly, if your husband married for the second time,  the second marriage stands null and void before the law. In sinple words, it shall not be considered as a valid marriage.

However, if you want a divorce adultery can be a ground for divorce but divorce is optional and completely your choice. 

• ansThe person indulging such acts cannot be spared,file a criminal complaint against him in local police station,and file a divorce petition for which he will readily agree .Claim a huge compensation and agree for divorce by mutual consent.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi

• ansAssuming you are hindus, you can procreed with filing a criminal case.against your husband under the provisions of the indian penal code. You can file a case u der the charges of adultery combined with cruelty because as per the law cruelty can even be mental. Secondly, if your husband married for the second time, the second marriage stands null and voidbefore the law. In sinple words, it shall not be considered as a valid marriage.

Advocate Richa Relhan

Commonwealth Games Village, Delhi

• ansWe have different line of actions depending on the desired outcome. Counselling session with a lawyer is advised to strategize the future course of action. Maintenance , Divorce with Alimony, Domestic Violence Complaint, Right in the matrimonial house, etc. are few actions that can be focused on.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi