Husband wants to file for Divorce on the ground of ill treatment

Hi, One of my best friends from pune ( orphan ) was forcefully married by his guardians with 8 years elder woman than him, and forced him to stay as 'GHAR JAMAI 'in Delhi where he was forced to do all the household words and then to share income too. willi nilly passed a few years and they got a kid , but as my friend wanted to study further and disallowed by wife and inlaws to change the settled routine , he left the inlaws house , wife did not come ,it has been four years they are not living together , wife is not coming back and forcing him to go there. he is fed up with this tyranny and wants to move on . he has been regularly sending money to wife and inlaws from his monthly salary . please give us an amicable solution to get him out of this unbearable lock of life and show us a ray of hope for his bright future. Thanks

your friend can straight away file petition of divorce on the ground of irretrievable breakdown. he can lead his life freely after that and till the time court decides on the issue of maintenance he need not pay her anything.

If your friend living in pune, he can file suit for restitution of conjugal right, so that his wife must have to attend the court in pune to defend the suit.
If she interested to continue with your friend she can, else she will file a application for Divorce or one time maintenance.

Tell your friend to file divorce petition on the ground of desertion in which continue 2 years separation is required. and in the same divorce you can file custody of your kid or visiting rights. but file as soon as possible before she file any criminal petition or application in any court.