Husband wants to file for Divorce on the ground of ill treatment

Hi, One of my best friends from pune ( orphan ) was forcefully married by his guardians with 8 years elder woman than him, and forced him to stay as 'GHAR JAMAI 'in Delhi where he was forced to do all the household words and then to share income too. willi nilly passed a few years and they got a kid , but as my friend wanted to study further and disallowed by wife and inlaws to change the settled routine , he left the inlaws house , wife did not come ,it has been four years they are not living together , wife is not coming back and forcing him to go there. he is fed up with this tyranny and wants to move on . he has been regularly sending money to wife and inlaws from his monthly salary . please give us an amicable solution to get him out of this unbearable lock of life and show us a ray of hope for his bright future. Thanks

Answers (3)

117 votes

your friend can straight away file petition of divorce on the ground of irretrievable breakdown. he can lead his life freely after that and till the time court decides on the issue of maintenance he need not pay her anything.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

If your friend living in pune, he can file suit for restitution of conjugal right, so that his wife must have to attend the court in pune to defend the suit.
If she interested to continue with your friend she can, else she will file a application for Divorce or one time maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
300 votes

Tell your friend to file divorce petition on the ground of desertion in which continue 2 years separation is required. and in the same divorce you can file custody of your kid or visiting rights. but file as soon as possible before she file any criminal petition or application in any court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles